Clients Of Your Legal Manager Receive Value-Added Benefits
The structure of Your Legal Manager’s services and compensation is designed to add value to its clients, not to add fees on top of the company’s outside attorneys’ fees. Benefits Your Legal Manager can provide to its clients include the following:
- Through periodic meetings and communications, Your Legal Manager identifies legal risks, legal problems and future legal projects and then, jointly with the company, prioritizes their importance and urgency. Your Legal Manager and the company then develop a time and milestone roadmap for handling of the matters. Your Legal Manager identifies and advises in regard to legal issues that are different or more problematic for foreign and international companies.
- By following that course on a periodic basis and as new problems arise, the company’s legal work becomes a manageable business function rather than a series of ad hoc, episodic business interruptions. As a result of the analysis and planning of each legal project and need, the company’s executives can focus on their jobs and not the company’s legal matters. This prevents management of legal problems by persons not experienced in doing so, and should lead to superior results in both the business and legal functions.
- When it is efficient to do so, Your Legal Manager will make hiring outside lawyers a competitive-bid, mutually-informative, process for the company and the outside lawyers. Your Legal Manager’s goal is to enable its clients to hire the law firm most suitable for the project and to develop guidelines for the legal work to be done by the firm, which are a condition for being hired.
- Your Legal Manager reports back to its clients with its evaluation of the legal work being done by the outside attorneys at each milestone and at the conclusion of each project. With Your Legal Manager monitoring and supervising the legal work being done on a regular basis, there should be fewer “surprises” in regard to the work being done or the fees charged by the attorneys doing the work. Your Legal Manager keeps company executives informed of any developments, whether positive or negative, as legal work proceeds, including reporting and evaluating any unforeseen events or developments that may occur.
- Your Legal Manager can provide U.S. and foreign candidates for board membership who have the experience the company’s board is lacking, whether that is in the field of engineering and technology, marketing, accounting, financial or legal.
- Your Legal Manager’s clients can call on the experience of John A. St. Clair’s 30-plus years of corporate and international practice, including advice to public and private boards of directors and representing clients in a wide variety of cross-border and international transactions and relationships. See about the firm.